Printing to UD IT Supported Printers
This page provides information about printing to UD IT Supported Printers.
To print from a Windows or Macintosh computer in an Information Technologies (IT) computing site or to print from a printing kiosk, you will need your UD ONEcard to release the job to a printer.
Students receive some free printing on their FLEX accounts for printing, but can also add printing funds to their UD ONEcard.
Unless otherwise indicated, these locations charge for printing.
- Alison West, room 205
- Amy DuPont Music Building, room 109
- Christiana Commons Lobby
- Colburn Lab, rooms 046, 105
- Delaware Field House, room 202
- Education Resource Center, Willard Hall Education Bldg., room 012
- McDowell Hall, rooms 111, 113
- Memorial Hall, rooms 028, 033
- Morris Library
- Pearson Hall, room 305
- Perkins Student Center Lobby
- Purnell Hall, room 024
- Recitation Hall, room 203
- Smith hall, rooms 002, 004, 040
- Spencer lab, rooms 010, 131
- Townsend Hall, rooms 004, 006, 007, Commons Area
- Trabant University Center Lounge
Printing Fee Plan
- Faculty, Staff, and Students: Fee-based printing: Rates for black and white printing:
- Five cents ($0.05) per single-sided piece of paper.
- Four cents ($0.04) per side of a double-sided piece of paper.
- Students: Limited free prints: The printing fee plan allows a UD student to print $5 in free printing (roughly 100 sheets of one-sided printing) for free before incurring printing charges:
- Roughly every semester (January 1-June 30 and July 1-December 31) you have $5 worth of free Flex to use for printing.
- After your free allocation is used, printing fees will be charged to your UD Flex account (see fee-based printing below).
- The printing allocation does not carry over.
Your UD ONEcard, Print Release Station, and Flex Account
You will need your valid UD ONEcard to print in the locations listed above. The print release station works together with your UD ONEcard and your Flex account.
If you do not have funds in your Flex account, you will not be able to print after your free printing allocation is depleted.
You may add money to your FLEX account in a number of ways and at different locations on campus.
Special FLEX Account Information for Students
- The first 100 sheets of paper (single-sided) you print will be charged to the PrintLess "free printing allocation" that is associated with your Flex account.
- After you exhaust your free printing allocation, the printing fees will be charged to your FLEX account.
Special FLEX Account Information for Faculty and Staff: Departmental FLEX Accounts
For information about Departmental FLEX accounts, read the FLEX web site information.
How to Print Your Job
To print your job, follow these steps:
- After you select the one-sided or two-sided printer through the Print option in your application, go to the print release station in one of the locations above.
- Use your UD ONEcard to log into the release station.
- Click the Print option next to the job(s) you want to print.
- Pick up your job from the printer.