Supervisor's checklist for new
faculty and staff
Computer Hardware and Software
- Check that the new employee's computer is
configured to be able to carry out work responsibilities. See Computing
Purchases: Buy Institutional for recommended configurations
for departments, colleges and administrative units, and the purchase of
hardware, software and peripherals for the institution.
- Each office computer needs an IP number. Call 831-6041 to obtain or
verify the correct IP number for the new employee's computer.
- Contact your departmental server administrator if the employee needs
to access a departmental server or network printer.
- If you
are purchasing a computer, have your departmental computer support person
set it up or submit an IT
Support Center: Help Request for computer setup.
System Access and
- Verify with your HR liaison that the
new permanent employee is in the Human Resources System and have the
employee activate their account.
A UDelNet account is automatically
created two days after the employee is entered into the Human Resources
- Direct the permanent employee to obtain an ID
- For a non-permanent employee, complete the UDelNet Account Request.
- Does the new employee require access to UD Administrative
If so, complete the required web
form(s) (Note: Login required).
- UD Student Information (UDSIS)
- UD Human Resources
- UD Financial Systems
Phone and Voicemail
- If the employee requires
a new phone set or
phone line, send a request to Telephone
Services. Include a contact name and the location for the new
- If an existing phone is being used, request that
the voice mailbox be
Does the new employee
have computing support responsibilities in your department?
- Please complete an IT Support Center: Help
listing his/her name and the department(s) supported.
Additional information for UD faculty and staff
- For further information and assistance, consult
of services and contact information.