UD Central Exchange: Requesting/Removing an Account

Requesting an account for new employees or those migrating from other systems

The The UD Central Exchange service provides accounts to current University of Delaware employees only.

  1. Before an exchange account can be processed, new employees must be active in the HR system.
  2. Submit a UD Exchange Account Request Form to the IT Support Center. Include any extra resources needed, shared mailboxes, or public calendars with a list of access privileges (full or read only). If the user will require an initial quota in excess of 2GB, please request that in the comments section. The request form will generate a Numara Incident.
  3. IT migrating:
    1. Indicate this is a migration on the UD Exchange Account Request Form.
    2. Clean up your email by deleting unnecessary messages.
    3. When you are notified that the Exchange account has been activated, set up an account in Microsoft Outlook to access the Exchange server by following these instructions (including redirecting your email). Contact your IT professional for assistance.

Individuals leaving the University

The University's contract with Microsoft permits only UD employees to maintain a central Exchange account. Individuals can not use the central Exchange server after leaving the University, regardless of the reason for termination or retirement. Mail can be migrated to Google Mail or can be saved to a file provided to the employee.

If you want to migrate your email to Google Mail, contact the IT Support Center to request migration assistance.

Removing an account

  1. Submit a Help Ticket Request to the IT Support Center or send email to consult@udel.edu.
  2. Provide your name, department, and last day of employment.
  3. If you need to transfer Exchange data to another computer, you can export the data to a .pst file and copy it to external media on or before your last day of employment.
  4. If you are leaving the University, remove email forwarding at the Network Web page.

Search IT Help

My UD Search for forms & applications.