UD Central Exchange: Junk Mail Filtering
You should have junk mail filtered at the Exchange server (WIN) level. The server receives frequent updates and is generally more effective at filtering junk mail than the local or Web-based Outlook client.
To use server filtering, you must turn off Outlook junk mail filtering. To turn off the junk mail filter in Outlook 2010, follow these steps:
- On the Home tab, in the Delete section, click the Junk icon.
- Click Junk E-mail Options.
- Click the Options tab.
- Click No Automatic Filtering. Mail from blocked senders is still moved to the Junk E-mail folder.
- Click OK.
To allow for server level junk mail filtering, follow these steps:
- Close Outlook.
- Log in to owa.win.udel.edu using any Web browser.
- In the upper-right corner under Options, choose See all options.
- Choose Block or Allow from the left-hand column.
- Turn on Automatic Filtering:
- If it is set to Don’t move email, change it to Automatically Filter and click save.
- If it is set to Automatically Filter, change it to Don’t move e-mail and click save; then change it back to Automatically Filter and save again.