Install McAfee VirusScan on a Mac OS 10.8-10.9 Computer
These instructions will help you
install VirusScan on your Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and 10.9 (Mavericks) computer.
- Download VirusScan to your desktop.
- Double-click virusscan96.dmg.
- If asked if you want to run the
program, click Continue.
- Click Continue on each page of the
installer. On the last screen, click Install, and then type your password at
the prompt that looks similar to the
- You will see a success screen after
the installation completes.
- Click Close.
- Eject the .dmg file from your
computer's desktop after you finish
- Run a manual scan to check for
The UD version of VirusScan for Mac
will NOT automatically scan your
computer for viruses at regular
intervals. To ensure that your system
is virus-free, you should manually scan
your computer at least once a week:
Directions for manually scanning a
Mac OS X Computer.
Your computer will automatically check for updates to
VirusScan every day at 4:45 p.m.
Last updated: 10/24/14