The Institute for Global Studies (IGS) is a premier center for international education at the University of Delaware. We are forging partnerships in academics, research and public service around the world and educating engaged, global citizens.
Our Global Initiative focuses on helping students to expand their awareness and knowledge of the economic, political, cultural and social issues facing the world—and the skills to address them. This commitment to preparing students to be global citizens embraces diversity in all of its richness, on campus, across the U.S., and in countries and cultures worldwide.
NEWS & EVENTS
- Senator empowers young leaders to continue being voices of change in home communities
- Delaware's Senator Tom Carper Addresses African Women Leaders
- UD student receives Gilman Scholarship to study abroad in Brazil
- UD fellows celebrate Mandela International Day with service
- UD receives grant to host language immersion program at Xiamen
- SABIC Students document their home-building project in Puerto Rico
- Institute for Global Studies Welcomes UD Mandela Washington Fellows
- International Artist in Residence inspires healing through music at children's hospital
- UD’s first Global Undergraduate Exchange Program student completes semester of scholarship and service
- UD students, alumna win Fulbrights to teach, study across the globe