FLE Admissions/Advisement/Assessment Process
1. Admission to the Program
- In order to be admitted to the FLE major, you must:
- Read the information materials on this website
- Make an appointment to discuss all program information with the FLE Advisor, Dr. Cynthia Lees, firstname.lastname@example.org (tel: 831-2595)
- Declare the FLE major using the Change of Major web form available through UDSIS
2. Advisement and Assessment: the FLE ePortolio and the Teaching Portfolio
- Each year, you must meet with the FLE advisor to discuss your progress, both in your coursework and in your completion of required elements for the FLE ePortfolio. The FLE ePortfolio is designed to enable you to track carefully your progress in meeting program goals, and to receive feedback from FLE faculty at each checkpoint. You will be invited each year to a special ePortfolio orientation meeting held by the FLE program coordinator and FLE faculty.
- Beginning in Spring of your junior (or next-to-last) year, you will be introduced to LiveText, which you will use to compile your Teaching Portfolio. (See Teaching Portfolio Preparation)
- For admission to student teaching, you must have an overall GPA of 2.75, a GPA of 3.0 in your language major, and a GPA of 3.0 in your foreign language methods courses.
- All required coursework in the foreign language major, as well as the three required FL Methods courses and the three required EDUC courses, must be completed prior to student teaching.
- Your completed student teaching application
- Your Academic Advisement Report (to document your Degree Progress)
3. Application Process for Student Teaching
- You will apply in the Spring of your Junior (or next-to-last) year for admission to Student Teaching for the Spring of your Senior (or last) year.
In February of your Junior year, you are to submit the following to your FLE program advisor:
and FLLT 424.