University of Delaware


Students may now file the 2018-2019 FAFSA at, using UD's school code (001431).

Prospective Fall 2018 Freshmen check out our New Student Info site.

Students taking summer classes can request a check of federal aid eligibility here.

Fall bills will be available mid-July.


  Right to Know
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act  Commitment to Delawareans

Holds & Collections

Holds Placed by Our Office
Holds Placed by Our Office Reason What to do
BAL Outstanding Balance Due Pay balance due or contact our office to explain why payment cannot be made
CAN Cancellation of Term Pending Pay balance due or contact our office to explain why payment cannot be made
COL Collections Pay balance due or contact our office to explain why payment cannot be made
LON Loans Call the Perkins/Nursing Loan contact in our office (302) 831-8942
NSF Returned Check Replace returned check with a cashier's check or money order and include the $25 Returned Check Fee
WOF Write Off Account Pay balance due in full to remove your account from Collections
Holds Placed by Others
Holds Placed by Others Reason What to do
ALC Alcoholedu Program Required Complete the AlcoholEdu Program or contact with questions
GT Transcript Hold Contact the Registrar's Office for further information at (302) 831-2131
IMM Immunization Req Not Completed Provide proof of completed immunizations or contact Student Health Services with questions (302) 831-2226
JDO, JDR, JDT Judicial Holds Contact the Judicial Affairs office for further information at (302) 831-2117
MUS Music Hold Contact Music Dept to return locker key, borrowed instrument, etc. to clear hold at (302) 831-1527
PPD Tuberculin PPD Test Required Contact Student Health Services for details at (302) 831-2226
R01 Transcript Hold Contact the Registrar's Office for further information at (302) 831-2131
UDO UD Online Hold Contact the Online Office for further information at (302) 831-8843
Collection Process

The Collection Services Unit within the Cashiers office is responsible for the collections of outstanding receivables and the Federal Perkins and Nursing Loans. The collection processes are for students who are no longer enrolled at the University, due to graduation, separation and/or withdrawal. No transcripts or other information relating to any student records at the University shall be released or delivered to the student or on behalf of the student until all debts to the University and all of it affiliates have been paid.

Delinquent Accounts

An individual will be in default if the Amount Due, as listed on the statement, is not paid in full by the specified due date. In addition to the assessment of late payment charges, a student in default will not:

  • Be allowed to register for future semesters.
  • Receive a transcript of academic records.

Students who are not able to immediately pay their balances in full may propose reasonable repayment plans. To do this, complete the PaymentArrangement.pdf and return it using the instructions provided on the form. SFS will then follow up to discuss and/or finalize the promissory note.

Collection Process

The internal collection process includes several attempts of written correspondence, telephone calls and e-mails. If an individual fails to responds to the internal collections process they may also be subject to cancellation of any registered classes.

If the student has withdrawn or graduates, and the internal collection processes does not produce satisfaction of the debt or a satisfactory payment arrangement, this may result in the account being reported to an outside collection agency which report to credit bureaus montly. This may negatively impact the individual's ability to obtain future credit. Collection Services is available to discuss payment arrangements to assist students. Please contact us at (302) 831-2126 or at

If at any point in time Collection Services determines that internal collection efforts have been unsuccessful, Collection Services will refer the student's account to an outside collection agency. Collection Services will notify the students at their permanent address before any referral to an outside collection agency. Below are the current third-party collection agencies that a delinquent borrower may be referred to.

If the student's account balance is paid in full at any point in the process, Collection Services will update the student's account status, in our system or with the collection agency, and release the hold on his/her academic and financial records. The student will be able to register for courses and use university academic and administrative services.

Graduating student with Balance Due

Collection Services will notify, in writing, any graduating student with an account balance. The letter will clearly address the outstanding balance and consequences of nonpayment. It will be mailed in addition to the student's monthly invoice. Please note that any graduating student who does not clear his/her account balance prior to commencement will not receive a diploma. In addition, the student will be prohibited from the release of official academic transcripts.

Returned Checks

If a check or e-check payment is returned by the bank because of insufficient funds or a closed account, the returned check, along with a $25 returned check fee, will be charged to the issuer’s student account (or to the account of the student on whose behalf the original check payment was presented). The issuer will receive notification regarding the returned check. The correspondence will include instructions to pay the returned check and service fee within 15 business days. Payment may be made by cash, bank wire, certified check or money order. Cash payments should be made at the Cashiers Department (Student Services Building, 30 Lovett Avenue). The $25.00 returned check fee is assessed for each returned check, regardless of the amount of each returned check. If an account indicates a history of returned checks, the University may suspend a student’s check writing privileges. As a reminder, University of Delaware does not accept post dated checks.

DE Division of Revenue

Please note, that outstanding balances may also be referred to the Delaware Division of Revenue. Refunds are subject to interception for the purpose of collecting outstanding liabilities.

Collection Agency Contact Information

200 East Joppa Rd.
Suite 310
Towsom, MD 21204


422 Bedford Ave.
Bellmorel, NY 11710


200 CrossKeys Office Park
Fairport, NY 14450

Eastern Revenue, Inc.
1151 South Trooper Rd.
Suite A
Audubon, PA 19403


Enterprise Recovery Systems
2000 York Rd.
Suite 114
Oak Brook, IL 60523


Financial Recoveries
200 East Park Dr.
Suite 100
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054

MLR Solutions
5 Great Valley Parkway
Suite 282
Malvern, PA 19355


NCO Financial Systems, Inc.
150 Crosspoint Parkway
Crosspoint Business Park
Getzville, NY 14068
800-227-4000 x2000


Reliant Capital Solutions
750 Cross Pointe Rd.
Suite G
Gahanna, OH 43230

Williams & Fudge
775 Addison Ave.
P.O. Box 11590
Rockhill, SC 29731


Windham Professionals
380 Main Street
Salem, NH 03079