Architectural Character - Core
- The historic core serves as the central ceremonial space and iconic center for campus.
- The buildings and open space form a strong organizational framework for the core.
- The rigorous use and continuity of Georgian architecture provide a sense of place and history.
- Successful Georgian buildings are characterized by quiet elegance, which is achieved by applying principles of human scale to the buildings' form and mass.
- To preserve the integrity of the historic core, new buildings must embody Georgian design principles.