Projects Module Team Meeting March 7, 2001
003 Hullihen Hall
Present: Denise Schneider (General Accounting/Team Leader), Gail Tentor (Facilities), Dave Bley (Facilities), Carol Rylee (Budget Office/Executive Team), Rachel Strickland (OVPR), Gerri Hobbs (OVPR), Sharon Flynn(Investment Accounting), Chris Cook(Chemical Engineering)
Absent: Robin Harbaugh/DaveMcCarren(Marine Studies), Van Adams (IT/MIS/Executive Team)
- Will the University use a third party work order system?
- OVPR and Facilities to continue matching UD fields to PS fields.
- Denise to contact other Universities/Colleges concerning Projects/Grants/GL modules.
- Van to provide Denise name of contact at Vanguard where Projects is implemented.
- Team members to learn more about Segments, Phases and Activities of the Project Chartfield. Sharon and Chris will do a demo on this at the March 28th meeting.
- Team members to learn more about the general concept of PTD(information available forever). Open item
- Sharon to see if she can have a Univ of Mich tech person contact a UD tech person concerning their Endowment "system". Contact most likely during Orlando conference.
- Events lists(OVPR and Facilities) need to be updated on a regular basis.
- Team members need to continue thinking about how their departments would use the user-defined chartfields.
- Financials 8.x(E&G/Commercial) expected 3/02.
- Arrangement for a demo of the project module is being looked into by Roby. Possibility there will be on-campus Grants module training.
- Per Roby, potential Arthur Andersen consultant will be handled by Exec Comm.
- Team members will have a demo of the Projects Module setup on 4/12 in 003 Hullihen. Note date change. See calendar on homepage for details.
- Exec Comm wants PS fields matched to UD fields by 4/1.
- The 3/21 meeting is moved to 3/28, 10:30 – 12:00.
- Webcast demonstration for a future meeting.
- Denise has summarized panels/fields/records from Access Table and mailed to team members.
- Minute taking will be done by all team members on a rotating basis starting next meeting.