UDFS – Communication/Training Team Minutes
June 16, 2003
In attendance: Paul Anderson, Peggy Bottorff, Chris Cook,
Al Fanjoy, Bill Fitzpatrick, Steve Grasson, Lisa Huber, Ginger Knutsen, Ellen
Lepine, Dave McCarren, Tim Miller, Chris Murphy, Dee Smith, Linda Somers, Amy
Taylor (second half), Eileen Prazniak
Minutes this time:
Minutes next time:
Security and Access Issues:
told team that security on Procurement records will be timeconsuming to
apply and won’t be done by go-live.
Therefore, no EZQ for purchase orders to be written in immediate
said that security on records other than the UOD Balances and Transactions
records is being reviewed; some will need security applied; some will not;
some would need it but it won’t be worth the time to apply so people will
not have access to those records.
Ellen will be clarifying with the consultants. Some changes to Know Thy Data will
result (don’t want to describe records to which people won’t have access)
Statements: there was confusion
over to whom they would be pushed.
ACTION ITEM for Peggy to find out from Marsha Lockard
(followup – Peggy forwarded Marsha’s reply later on 6/16 – bottom line is
statements will be pushed to all who receive paper statements now but this
requires significant work on the part of Marsha and others)
had asked team to give lists of who needed LAM distributions and who
needed Obligations access. All but
10 people needed both; a separate security profile won’t be set up for
those 10 people; Ellen has notified the affected Comm Team reps.
Grants Team Update
Dave, grants team to visit U Maryland Baltimore Campus on 6/18 to learn
about their grants implementation and meet some possible consultants. Expect work at UD on that module to
accelerate in August.
reviewed parts of/recent changes to Basic Training powerpoint and “Basic
Training Basics” and made some changes.
C to give file to Al Fanjoy to post to UDFS comm. team secured (not
public) web site.
ITEM for Chris C to get new screen shots of EZQs to replace
current ones in Basic (many or all were tweaked a bit since Peggy took
screen shots on 6/5)
ITEM for Peggy to get screen shots of new monthly statement with
the additional tab for transaction detail (when available)
ITEM for Ellen to request a monthly statement be run to TRAIN so
that we can show people (there were none that showed up)
ITEM for Amy to bring question to report team: how do you send a report which has been
pushed to you to someone else?
Team Training Plans
Went around the room and each team member told when they
did/will offer Basic and LAM. With few
exceptions, people plan to offer their sessions of this by the end of next week
(June 27). In the exceptions, people
plan to offer the remaining training in early July.