PS Financials Communication/Training
Core Team Meeting
Hullihen Hall Board Room
In Attendance: Amy Taylor, Tim Miller, Chris Cook, Dee Smith, Michelle Broadway, Ellen Lepine, Lisa Huber, Ginger Knutsen, Linda Somers, Peggy Bottorff, Bill Fitzpatrick, Dave McCarren, Steve Grasson, Paul Anderson, Chris Murphy, Al Fanjoy, Linda Crisco
Basic II Status Report and Evolving Issues
Of the 15 team members present, at least 10 had offered Basic II training, or had it scheduled within a few days. As the statements were now available, there was general discussion about how that process was going. Issues and comments that were coming up in the training sessions:
· Delay in processing at certain times of the day
· A few people are not fully aware of the change to PeopleSoft
· Ag is filing their reports electronically; Ginger will check with Katie Hutton and share her process with the team.
· Some LAM issues were occurring, apparently related to people not picking up the info from LAM training
· Good discussion about the functional use of printed statements
· Use of scopes to support smaller groupings of reports that an administrative assistant could pull independent of the centrally designated ‘pull person’
· Limited turnout for training if it was offered to a large group
· People struggle to simply log on (high level people)
· Downloads to excel vary depending on the operating system: Ellen will send MAC set-up instructions
· Data questions – requests for fields to go into the transaction table: Journal status, employee name. Any other specific questions can be sent to Peggy or Ellen
· Ellen will send the list of things being investigated for inclusion
Report downloading tip: from the Report Manager link to the spreadsheet, right click, than ‘save target as’, which allows you to download file directly without opening it first – saves clicks on the save to disk process.
Question arose – will the transaction table be expanded or will other tables be made available? There is strong resistance to adding tables to the Report Instance.
Monthly Statement Update (Pull & Push)
Statements for August should be ready by the middle/end of next week
The PTD Balance available field in the balances table will be eliminated; the available EZQ calculates the number, so this is not likely to have a large impact
User Services offer Query by December/January
IT-User services follow-up: Query class is on the schedule for January. They plan to offer it one month into every semester. They are currently writing up sample word problems to use as exercises in the Query class.
Query Booster: next class
Interested Comm team members will have a Query Booster planning session first – scheduled for Monday October 27 in the Ecalc room. Team felt that this class would be more helpful in the spring.
Future of the Comm Team
Team responsibilities are changing as Phase II gears up and campus training needs settle. Some aspects and decisions are still being considered by the Executive Committee. This will be a main agenda item at a future meeting.