Each One Reach One Mentoring Program
Center for Black Culture, University of Delaware
days left to apply to be a Mentor for the 2016-2017 Academic year.
Application Due: Thursday, March 24, 2016
* indicates required field
* UD ID #:
Summer Mailing Address:
* Home phone:
* Cell phone:
* UD e-mail:
(as of Fall 2016)
*Do you plan on changing your major?:
If YES, What will be your new major:
* Cum. GPA:
* Have you participated in the EORO program before?
If yes, please check all that apply:
* Please share any creative interest, personal interest and or hobbies.
* Are you currently employed?
If yes, how many hours a week?
Please list your last three employers, starting with the most recent.
Co-Curricular & Extra-Curricular Involvement
Please list all current organizational involvement, leadership roles and affiliations. This should include student organizations, academic success programs (ex. RISE, SSSP, McNair, etc) and other leadership roles. Please list the number of hours you typically commit a week to each position. Also list any anticipated involvement for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Hours a week
(From ---to ---)
Please respond to the following questions thoroughly and clearly. The quality of the essay will be considered in the selection process.
1. Why do you want to be an Each One Reach One (EORO) Mentor for the Center for Black Culture?
2. From your perspective, what is the role of a mentor?
3. What do you think are some issues or difficulties a first-year Black student may face at the
University of Delaware? How do you feel you can address all or any of these concerns?
4. What are three qualities you possess that will assist you in being an outstanding mentor?
5. List 2-3 events you attended within the last year that were sponsored, co-sponsored or
endorsed by the Center for Black Culture?
6. How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?
To the best of my knowledge, the information I have provided in this application is accurate and true. I realize that the intentional falsification of information on this application will disqualify my candidacy for the EORO Program Mentor position. By signing this, I agree to allow the EORO Coordinator and staff of the Center for Black Culture to access my academic and judicial records for the purposes of supporting my tenure and achievement as an EORO mentor and University of Delaware student.
I AGREE * Date