TUITION EXCHANGE PROGRAM
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
PROFESSIONAL AND SALARIED STAFF
HOURLY (AFSCME) EMPLOYEES
- Tuition Exchange Program participation is extended to dependent children of full-time staff and hourly (AFSCME) employees with two years of eligible University service as of October 31 of the year in which they submit TE applications. The term "children" includes natural and legally adopted children, provided that financial dependence on the parents can be demonstrated; children meeting the requirements of dependency set forth by the Internal Revenue Service will qualify.
- When selected, a student may participate in the TEP for up to four years, providing the slots continue to be available to the University and satisfactory progress is made as defined by the host school.
- A student must recertify each year through the Office of Human Resources in order to continue to be sponsored by the University of Delaware.
- The TEP can only be used for full-time matriculated undergraduate students. The scholarship shall apply to only one dependent child per year. University staff may also have one eligible dependent participating in the University's tuition remission program at the same time.
- A lottery will be conducted on Friday, October 28, 2016 at 12:15 p.m. at the General Services Building, Room 130, South Chapel Street to create the list of program participants. Attendance at this lottery is not required.
- If a student chooses not to use the TEP in the year he or she receives a slot, the slot will not be held for that student. The parent will have to reapply for a slot in a subsequent year.
- Participants are advised that the income tax code may subject TEP to taxation.
- Completed TEP applications (Web Forms) for the 2017-2018 academic year must be received by Human Resources no later than Wednesday, October 26, 2016.
- Late applications will not be accepted.