Tuition Exchange Program
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
- Tuition Exchange Program participation is extended to dependent children of full-time employees with faculty appointments who have a minimum of two years of eligible University service as of October 31 of the year they submit TE applications. The term "children" includes natural and legally adopted children, provided that financial dependence on the parents can be demonstrated; children meeting the requirements of dependency set forth by the Internal Revenue Service will qualify.
- When selected, a student may participate in the TEP for up to four years, providing the slots continue to be available to the University and satisfactory progress is made as defined by the host school.
- A student must recertify each year through the Office of Human Resources in order to continue to be sponsored by the University of Delaware.
- The TEP can only be used for full-time matriculated undergraduate students. Faculty members may also have an eligible dependent participating in the University's tuition remission program at the same time. Normally, a TEP scholarship will apply automatically to only one faculty dependent per year. However, additional slots are available (by lottery) for faculty who wish a second eligible dependent child to participate in TEP. This year, the lottery will be conducted on Friday, October 28, 2016; at 12:15 p.m. at the General Services Building, Room 130, South Chapel Street. Attendance at this lottery is not required.
- If a student chooses not to use Tuition Exchange in the year he or she receives a slot, the slot will not be held for that student. The parent will have to reapply for a slot in a subsequent year.
- In the event of the retirement or death of a University employee while his/her child is participating in the TEP, the student shall remain eligible to continue in the program.
- Participants are advised that the income tax code may subject TEP to taxation.
- Completed TEP applications (Web Forms) for the 2017-2018 academic year must be received by Human Resources no later than October 26, 2016.
- Late applications will not be accepted.