... documenting the history of the University of Delaware
Access Services and Policies
- Please make an appointment to visit University Archives and Records Management for research by contacting its staff at 302-831-2750 or email@example.com. All effort will be made to accommodate walk-in patrons, but due to limited space and staff, only a limited number of patrons may be accommodated at any given time. Since the finding aids of the Archives Program currently are being revised and are not available online at this time, it is important to make an appointment and discuss your research prior to visiting.
- Food, drink, and the use of cellular telephones are forbidden in the research room.
- Archival material does not circulate. Resources available through the Archives Program cannot be loaned, removed, or checked out from University Archives and Records Management, but must be used within its facilities during its normal hours of operation.
- Use pencils within the research room, as the use of ink pens and markers is not permitted. If you do not bring a pencil, one will be provided for your use.
- Laptop computers may be used within the research room.
- Handle materials with care. Do not write on, trace over, fold, or prop them open. When taking notes, do not write directly on top of the materials.
- Users must maintain materials in the order that they are delivered. Patrons may work only with materials from one archival container at a time.
- Please remember that not all University records are available for research through the Archives Program. Access to restricted records is provided at the discretion of the University of Delaware.
- Reference requests received by email, telephone, or letter from those patrons unable to visit University Archives and Records Management are welcomed. However, due to limited staff time such requests must be of a reasonable length in nature. University Archives and Records Management staff cannot and will not conduct extensive research for patrons who choose not to or are unable to visit in person.