Getting the Big Picture
GOAL = something you aspire to achieve.
The ultimate goal for most of us is SUCCESS.
Of course, we all define success differently, so the goals we set to get ourselves there will be unique. But this much is always true: Any successful long-range goal must be supported by a number of shorter-term goals, each with their own objectives to complete.
To be successfully achieved, goals must be supported by PLANNING and ACTION.
Why are goals important, anyway?
- They are yours, based on your values and what’s important to you.
- They remind you why you decided to go to college in the first place.
- They help you set your course of action.
- They create a roadmap for your future that ensures your values and priorities are honored.
- They help you stay motivated when things get tough.